Earlier The Trump’s administration made an announcement about new strict restrictions on visitors from eight countries: Chad, North Korea, Venezuela, Yemen, Libya, Iran, Syria and Somalia — an expansion of the preexisting travel ban that has spurred fierce legal debates over security, immigration and discrimination of nations.
Introducing the new rules of restrictions, authorities said they are meant to be both tough and targeted for a reasons of security.
“As president, I must act to protect the security and interests of the United States and its people,” Trump made a note in a proclamation announcing the changes for visitors from specific nations. On his own account at Twitter, he added: “Making America Safe is my number one priority. We will not admit those into our country we cannot safely vet.”
The US Court of Appeals partially resumed the immigration decree of President Donald Trump.
But now the California Court of Appeal decided that the immigration decree of US President Donald Trump can only be used partially, the Washington Post writes on Monday.
According to the court decision, citizens from the countries listed in the decree will be able to cross the US border only if there are close family ties or formally confirmed relations with a legal entity.
In past, a federal judge of the State of Hawaii passed a verdict on blocking the updated immigration order of D. Trump.
Now, the US government can prohibit the entry of citizens of the Sudan, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia and Yemen into the country, provided they do not have family ties in the US or a confirmed relationship with a legal entity. For citizens of Venezuela and Korea, this prohibition does not apply.
The first version of the decree was published in January 2017, but the administration of D. Trump had to abandon it in connection with the blocking by judges of several states.
President of the United States Donald Trump said that thanks to the Green Card lottery, many “not the best people” got to the country.
The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, which allowed the Uzbek terrorist Seifullo Saipov to move to the US, was used by at least five foreigners suspected of having ties to terrorists.
According to the US Department of Justice, on October 27, a few days before the terrorist attack committed by Saipov in New York, another Uzbek citizen, Abdurasul Khasanovich Jurabayev, who won the visa lottery, was sentenced to 15 years in prison for supporting the terrorist group “Islamic State” .
In 2009, the winner of the visa lottery from Pakistan, Said Haris Ahmed, was convicted of acts related to terrorism in the United States and abroad.
In the summer of 2002, the Egyptian Hesham Mohamed Ali Hadayet fired at the Los Angeles airport, killing two people. Later it turned out that he had moved to the United States 10 years ago, but got the right to live after his wife won the visa for 1997.
Also in the summer of 2002, a Pakistani citizen, Imran Mandahaye, pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to carry out a terrorist attack in Florida. He came to the United States after one of his parents won a visa lottery.
In addition, the list mentions the deputy chairman of the political bureau Hamas, Musa Mohammed Abu Marzuk, deported from the United States in 1997 for terrorist activities.
According to the Trump administration, Marzuk also received a “green card” (Green Card) within the program that existed before the appearance of the Diversity Visa Lottery program.
The visa program has been operating in the United States since 1990. Annually, up to 50 thousand visas are played. Citizens of countries with low levels of immigration in the United States take part in the lottery.
The winners receive a residence permit and work permit in the United States.
Previously, President of the United States Donald Trump proposed to abandon this program. After the terrorist attack in New York, committed by Saipov, who arrived in the country under the program of a visa lottery, Trump promised to start working with the Congress on the abolition of this program.