If you want to get Green Card via E2 visa type you need to check the criteria of eligibility for an employment-based immigration to the USA, which is second preference visa if you are a member of the professions and you are already have an advanced degree or its equivalent in US, or you are a foreign national who has exceptional and extraordinary ability. Below you can find the occupational categories, types, and requirements for the EB-2 visa.
Occupational categories and requirements
|Categories of occupation||Description of job||Proves|
|Advanced Degree||The job position that you apply for in the USA must require an advanced degree and you must possess such a degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree – bachelor’s diploma plus 5 years of actual work experience in the field of chosen study).||Documentation, such as an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent degree, or an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree, bachelor’s diploma as well and letters of recommendations from current or former employers showing that you have at least 5 years of actual post-baccalaureate work experience in the specialty by your major subject of study|
|Exceptional or extraordinary Abilities||You must be able to show exceptional or extraordinary ability in the sciences, visual arts, or in business. Exceptional or extraordinary ability means a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, visual arts or business.||You must meet at least three of the criteria below. The list of them you can read below. Check the criteria list and pick some if you meet.|
|National Interest Waiver||Foreigners seeking a national interest waiver are requesting that the Labor Certification be waived because it is in the interest of the United States. Though the jobs that qualify for a national interest waiver are not defined by statute, national interest waivers are usually granted to those who have exceptional ability and whose employment in the United States would greatly benefit the nation. Those people who seek a national interest waiver may self-petition. That means they do not need an employer to sponsor them and may file their labor certification directly with USCIS along with their Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker as well.||You must meet at least three of the criteria below from the list provided in the information below and demonstrate that it is in the national interest that you work permanently in the United States as a Green Card owner.|
List of criteria for getting EB-2 Visa
- You must have an official academic record, translated into English with official department of translations stamps showing that you have a bachelor’s degree at least, diploma with at least 4 years study finished, certificate, or similar awards from a college, university, school, or other institution of learning according to your field of exceptional or extraordinary abilities
- You must show the recommendation letters documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in your occupation. The letters must be signed by your ex or actual employer and have a contact information in it (active phone number, mailing address, for example)
- You must have a license or official permission to practice your profession or certification for your profession or occupation in your area of job position
- You must show the evidence or proof that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services that show your exceptional abilities
- You may also need to show a membership in a professional association
- You must show the proofs of your recognition for your achievements and significant contributions to your area or field by your peers, government entities, professional or business organizations that you earned while working on previous job positions
- You may also show different comparable pieces of evidence of eligibility which can be also acceptable for getting your EB-2 Visa
Family members of EB-2 Visa Holders
Your spouse and children who are still under the age of 21 years old may be allowed to get to the United States of America in E-21 and E-22 immigrant status, respectively. During the process where you and your spouse are applying for permanent resident status, which means getting a Green Card as a permanent resident, your spouse and children are eligible to file a special application which is an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).
The EB-2 visa has a permission those in certain specialized professions, for example, as doctors, business managers, and teachers/educators/coaches, who have a master’s degree or higher, for example, Ph.D. to gain lawful permanent residence in the US. Here are 3 groups of people who can be qualified for the EB-2 visa, with other additional categories for each of them:
- EB-2(A): category for alien professionals with an advanced degree (master’s degree diploma or PhD.) and with a job offer from the American company or governmental departures
- EB-2(B): category for foreigners with exceptional abilities in the different areas of science (physics, chemistry, math, etc., business or arts, visual arts and with a job offer from an American company
- EB-2(C): category for foreigners with exceptional abilities, or an advanced degree, who can show that their activities will cause real benefit the American national interests. There is no offer of employment is required for this category
You can feel free to tell us about you and your exceptional abilities. Maybe you already want to apply for EB-2 Visa because you have a dream to work at American company and move to the US. Share your story and of course, ask questions below in the comments.